My version of Temecula Quilt Company’s Tiny Tree is finished!
My last update was posted on December 20, 2019. I didn’t finish in time for Christmas, but I will have it displayed next Christmas.
Somehow, I managed to cut off the point of one side of the tree. So I made an executive decision to cut off the other side.
I am not telling anyone, so who is to know that this isn’t the way it is supposed to be?
In fact, it is just the way that it is supposed to be for me. And that is all that matters.
I like my tiny tree.
And I really like it embellished with a few buttons!
Quilt on! Forget about perfection, and celebrate your creativity!
I am very close to the end of working nearly a month without a day off (from Thanksgiving Day to Christmas Day). The madness is calming down and I believe I am going to survive another crazy shipping season after all!
I have even been able to enjoy some peaceful sewing time!
The Temecula Quilt Company’s tiny tree is sewn. The quilting will wait…the piecing is what I needed for the time being. I think I will be decorating this little guy with buttons.
The Vintage Ornaments quilt (and here) is slowly getting quilted. The last time that I shared, this quilt was quilted in the ditch, and the ornaments were outlined.
Since then, I have quilted inside the setting triangles.
I am now marking lines to quilt the sashing.
I do have template rulers, and a ruler foot for my domestic sewing machine, but I find it easier to mark my lines, and free motion stitch without the ruler. It is what I am used to…maybe someday this old dog will learn to use the rulers for how they were intended.
For the curious, I am using Wonderfil’s rayon thread for the decorative machine quilting.
So…I’ve had a tiny distraction. Just a tiny one.
I couldn’t resist Temecula Quilt Company’s Tiny Tree Sew Along.
These tiny blocks are so cute and fun. I can make them from scraps…no cutting yardage for this sweet project!
Meantime, the basket continues to fill with bow tie blocks.
The Vintage Ornaments quilt has been completely stitched in the ditch (using Wonderfil Invisafil thread) and all of the basting pins removed.
The appliques have been stitched around as well. Next up, some decorative (as opposed to functional) machine quilting.
I think I am doing pretty well considering that I haven’t had a full day off from the day job since Thanksgiving Day. I am determined not to be as depressed as in the past and to stay focused on accomplishing what I can.
So far…so good.