I owe my new young friend an apology. She paid honor to me, by nominating me for the BrainStorms Award. I am honored, and I wrote myself a note to respond. And then I forgot about it. Am I allowed to excuse myself by saying life stuff distracts me? Can I say that I am developing ‘senioritis’ in my slide down the other side? No excuses. I truly am sorry, Simone, for taking so long to respond. Simone is a courageous and talented young lady and has won my respect. I encourage you to check out her blog, The Wheelchair Teen.
So here are the BrainStorms Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- Tag your post with #BrainStormsAward and follow BrainStorms if you are willing!
- List the rules and display the BrainStorms Award logo.
- Talk a bit about your blog, why you started it, what you write about, and your goal for your blog.
- Answer the five questions you have been asked.
- Nominate five other amazing bloggers.
- Ask them five new questions.
Why did I start my blog, and what do I write about? Well…once upon a time and long ago, I had a small online fabric shop. I thought it would be fun, and good for business, if I had a blog to share how I was using fabric and supplies in my projects. After a time, the shop was closed, but I kept the blog. It had become a journal for me. It is where my projects are still recorded, and new interests are shared. The blog became my interaction with other folks. I’ve made friends. I love seeing what my blogger friends are up to! They are all inspiring to me!
Simone’s questions and my answers:
1. Who is the first person that I turn to for comfort and advice? I am introverted by nature, and I tend to keep personal issues private.
2. What is a film that I recently saw that I was disappointed by? There hasn’t been one. I don’t often go to the movies, but Hubby and I had a date recently, and he took me to see Cruella. I loved it!
3. What is my favorite weekend treat? Except for this year, gardening is a favorite treat. This year there has been a hot drought, so the spring has dried up, and the garden has burned. Some years are like that, are they not? There are seasons of joy and seasons of sorrow. Another favorite weekend treat…not dependent upon the weather…sewing in the decompression chamber!
4. Do I have a good memory or a bad one? Both. One cannot live long without having both. Hopefully, the good memories are more than the bad ones. Let’s not dwell on bad memories…they will only shrivel up the soul somewhat like a drought-stricken landscape. Here is a good memory…my daughter-in-law recently visited for a few days. She could have stayed elsewhere, but she chose to stay at my home. Warms my heart to think of that!
- Or does Simone mean to ask if I retain information in my brain? Ha, ha! The older I get, the more that I need to write myself a note!
5. One way blogging has made me a better person…blogging has enlarged my viewpoint. There is a whole world out there, and there are wonderful people everywhere. Good to know.
My five nominees for the Brainstorms Award:
- Cathy at Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting who is a prolific scrap quilter and never runs out of ideas.
2. Kathleen at Kathleen McMusing where you can find loads of tips, tutorials and much more.
3. Judy at Virtual Quilter who shares a design a day using Electric Quilt.
4. myquiltprojects where, among her other projects, I am really loving her 365 project.
5. Linda Jo at Upheld who shares Christian encouragement.
My five questions for the nominees:
1. What does your blog mean to you?
2. What is your favorite color and why?
3. Who is your favorite superhero and why?
4. Are you a dog person or a cat person? Why?
5. What is your favorite meal, and do you cook it yourself?
- To those nominated, there is no obligation to take up the challenge of answering and asking the questions. questions.