I began my Hunter’s Star project in September, 2013. I got as far as the borders, and stalled out.
Then it became my UFO Goal for May 2017. I got the top pin-basted into a quilt sandwich and began quilting.
I am so happy to be able to announce that my Hunter’s Star version is finished!
Hunter’s Star Part One
Hunter’s Star Part 2
May OMG 2017 Update
For my Hunter’s Star project, I used the Inklingo Hunter’s Star 9 Inch collection from Linda Franz at her Inklingo website.
Judy, at Patchwork Times, announced #11 as the UFO goal for May.
My number 11 is a Hunter’s Star quilt.
This quilt was begun as an Inklingo project in 2013.
You can see close-ups of the kaleidoscope stars in a blog post about this quilt here.
My goal for May is to get this Hunter’s Star quilt top pin-basted and quilted. But first, I have to find it somewhere in the sewing studio.
I am linking up with OMG at Elm Street Quilts and Patchwork Times. While there, I will see what others are up to for May.
One fourth of the Hunter’s Star quilt is complete:
I prefer to sew my blocks into quarter sections, rather than row by row.
A slideshow of the stars. I didn’t get them all lined up perfectly when I stacked them and rotary cut them, but I’m still happy with them.
I think 60 degree diamonds make better stars, too, but I was determined to make a Hunter’s Star quilt.
Almost finished with the top:
I like it!
For Hunter’s Star Part 1, click here.
I caught kaleidoscope fever, and I’ve wanted to create a Hunter’s Star for quite a while now. Why not combine the two?
I purchased the Inklingo Hunter’s Star 9 Inch collection sometime ago. I also received a wonderful design book for free!
I used both Inklingo and Electric Quilt to design my quilt. It isn’t vital to use either one of these programs, but I do love my quilt toys! You can certainly use graph paper and colored pencils.
This paisley is the fabric that I chose for my stars. The white lines are chalk marks…I forgot to take a picture before I started marking fabric repeats.
I’ve cut squares of fabric that I iron onto freezer paper and, using Inklingo, and my printer, will yield lots of diamonds to stitch.
Printed diamond shapes (very little waste here).
All of the fabric printed and ready to rotary cut and sew.
More shapes printed onto fabric that is backed with freezer paper.
Printed, cut and sorted. I’m ready to sew!