In my last post, I settled on a bow tie layout. Since then I have sewn the 3.5″ bow tie blocks into groups of 16 (4 x 4), and then into a larger block of 64 (8 x 8). I have two of those big blocks finished, and I definitely like what I see.
I am hoping that I made enough bow tie blocks to sew into 12 of these bigger blocks for a quilt.
These tiny blocks are so cute and fun. I can make them from scraps…no cutting yardage for this sweet project!
Meantime, the basket continues to fill with bow tie blocks.
The Vintage Ornaments quilt has been completely stitched in the ditch (using Wonderfil Invisafil thread) and all of the basting pins removed.
The appliques have been stitched around as well. Next up, some decorative (as opposed to functional) machine quilting.
I think I am doing pretty well considering that I haven’t had a full day off from the day job since Thanksgiving Day. I am determined not to be as depressed as in the past and to stay focused on accomplishing what I can.