For Part One, click here.
After a few days for the concrete to cure, my quilting sisters and I met to unveil our work.
We used the hose on the bird baths to wash off the rhubarb leaves.
But the leaves stuck. I guess we left them on too long.
The inside of the birdbath.
The underside of the birdbath. We decided to use a scrub brush to remove the rest of the leaves.
My friends are peeling leaves off the concrete stones.
This is the underside of my birdbath. I love the definition of the veins of the rhubarb leaf!
The basin, or top side of my birdbath. The next time I post, it will have been cleaned from rhubarb bits and sealed with concrete sealer. I already have an idea how I want to display it in garden.
And this is how my hosta stone turned out. I’m so happy with it! I made two, but now I want to make more and bury them in the rock path in my back yard. I think they will add wonderful interest to the landscape.